When would I want/need a deposit?
- When using school funds to pay for EMH Sports classes, there are additional steps we must follow in order to clear your child to participate. Depending on the school, you may need to submit additional paperwork, talk to your ES, mail vouchers for a signature, etc. Once we have all the required paperwork, your child is clear to play. However this does take some time, so we offer a way for your child to stay on our roster if the school has not yet cleared your funding. By making a deposit, your place in class is secured.
- If you want to use our discount coupons with school funds, a deposit is required. Otherwise your school will be charged full price.
- If you want to buy makeup days, one day passes, or multipacks, those must be prepaid out of pocket. Your school may pay later, but to play we need payment up front or a deposit.
- If you want to use personal funds to order multiple months but pay in installments, a deposit is required. Read more about installments...
Is a deposit required?
Yes, if you want to pay in installments, use school funds with a coupon or one day passes, or if your funding is delayed. Purchase Orders must be in by the first day of class, and we bill them after the last day for the sport. Our contracts state that schools have 30 days to pay after invoices are sent. If a school has not paid by that time frame, all registered families from that school will have to pay a deposit going forward. At 60 days all deposits will be used to pay for the class, and only replaced after we get a school check.
If there is any trouble with your registration or you are using features that require one (installments, discounts, etc), you may see a note and a picture on your account pages telling you that a deposit is necessary.
If registration and payment has not been received by the time class begins, or your school funding has not yet been approved, your child may not attend class without a deposit. If your child comes to class anyway, a participation fee will be collected by the coach for the day. Please do not drop off your child without checking in! Your online status page will have green flags if your child is clear. Coaches will not have all your account information, so they will need to collect $15 per child at the park, which is our one day walkup fee. Once we receive payment part or all of this payment can be credited to a deposit.
It is much better for you to pay our $10 minimum online deposit in advance so we can clear your child for the day and help their class run smoother. If your account is not clear by 5:00 PM the night before and you do not want to make a deposit, you can choose to stay home or cancel or change your order. You must cancel or make changes before the class is held in order to avoid paying for the day. Otherwise you will still owe for the classes you miss. It is better to make a deposit and play!
We may drop your registration if we do not hear from you, so please let us know. Once your school funding is received you can reactivate your registration, but we do not prorate for classes you missed.
If you decide not to attend week 1, you can buy a makeup day. We also sell single day passes if you want to just pay for the days you attend, but those must be prepaid out of pocket or have a deposit with school funds.
How do I make a deposit?
You can choose to make a deposit that covers one day (online $10 or at the park $15) if your registration is not clear by the first day of class. The minimum amount listed will clear your child for the first week only, with the full amount of your monthly class required by week #2 if paperwork is still not in. Once you have a month per child on account, no further deposit is required unless that amount drops. Click here to make a deposit.
Can I get my deposit back?
Your deposit is not refundable, but you can use it as a store credit. You can use your deposit on any future purchase once the funds are clear. But as long as it remains on account, EMH Sports offers several benefits to you. See benefits.
Why am I being penalized for my school being late?
It is not always your fault when the schools get behind in their paperwork, and we realize that, so this is not a penalty fee. It merely covers our expenses until we get school funds, then you get it back to spend. Your deposit helps us pay our up front park fees, insurance, equipment fees, coaches, etc before we get payments from the schools. In rare cases we do not get funds from your school and your deposit covers these cases as well!
I don't need a credit, my school pays, why can't I have a refund?
While schools do pay for monthly classes, they do not usually pay for one day passes, late fees, makeup days, etc. If you really cannot use a credit, your payment can be transferred to another family. We do not issue a refund unless you are closing your account.
Why do you need money from us when you already get money from the school?
Even when we receive a purchase order or confirmation of funds in advance, we are not able to bill the schools for those funds until classes are over at the end of each month. Most schools do not prepay us for your classes! We receive the actual funds up to 30 days or more after classes end. Since most of our costs are up front, we say thank you for advanced payments by allowing you special benefits.
Also schools tell us in their contracts that we are not to allow students to play until we receive funding approval. A deposit received before funding is clear will let your child play and not miss class. If the school does eventually cover that day, then you get your payment back as a credit, but if they do not, since they are not required to do so, then your payment will cover the day that you played.
In some cases we have had a child drop out of their school before we get paid, and the school refuses to cover that month. In that case a deposit will also cover you so that you don't have to make an additional surprise payment later.
Glad you asked!
- For one, your child can play even when the school paperwork or your mailed check is delayed. We clear your child immediately, and on all future orders, as long as the amount totals a full month of class per child.
- You also get to use our discount coupons with school funds, a benefit normally reserved for families paying out of pocket only. Please see our website for information about our discounts and coupons.
- You can order one day passes and multipacks with school funds if your school will pay, but there is usually a long delay. Deposits let you play right away.
- You can order a bunch of months in advance and pay in installments or get covered for months that are not yet approved. Some schools do not give us clearance until it is almost time for class, and then only for that month. By having a deposit, we consider that your months are all prepaid, even though we only have enough for one month. Your deposit is forwarded to each new month when we get funds, so you can order up to a whole year at a time!
- Everyone has less stress. If by chance any fees or questions on payment do come up, we do not have to ask you or your school for extra funds, we can simply take a portion out of your deposit and let you know. Then you can make a new payment or ask your school to cover the change, rather than rushing to clear your child immediately before they can play. This results in less stress for everyone and fewer emails and phone calls!
- If you do have a deposit and your funds are not clear, we will make an effort on your behalf to contact your school and find out why there might be delays. If you choose not to make a deposit, you will need to contact your school yourself and possibly help with communication between them and our office.
I am paying for some of my classes out of personal funds. Do I need a deposit?
You do not need a deposit if your classes are being paid out of pocket in full. You do need a deposit to pay in installments. The only other time it would be beneficial is if you are paying by check. If we have a deposit, you are clear before your check arrives. You can always use our coupons and discounts without a deposit if paying out of personal funds.
What happens when funds finally come in from the school or I make my last payment?
Your deposit can remain on account to cover future orders, or you can turn it into a credit and use it for your final payment as long as all prior funds are clear. We do not issue refunds unless your location gets cancelled or you are closing your account.
Can I add to my deposit or use part on an order?
Yes, you can always add to it or change it to a credit - it is your money to spend, as long as the original purpose of the deposit is no longer needed. In some cases we need to hang on to the deposit until other funds arrive to replace it.
I have credits from rain days, etc. Can I use that as a deposit?
Yes, credits can be turned into deposits if they are showing on your account. Please send us an email to find out how much can be used.
What if I do not need the money any more (moved, left the program, etc)?
If you are completely withdrawing from our program, please contact us. You might qualify for a refund to your home or your school in some cases, but in most cases it is a store credit only. You could also choose to make a donation to our scholarship program for hardship families or use your money on some day passes for friends or for specialty clinics and summer camps. Credits are fully transferrable if you have a friend that can use them.