Thank you for your interest in the parent liaison position. We depend on our parent liaisions to help build our classes and keep them running smoothly!
As a thank you for serving, we offer one child free each month. In exchange we ask that you consider helping with as many of the following duties you can. Not all would be required every month or at every location.
We also require that you attend all of the sports during the year and file a simple online report once per month letting us know how each sport went.
- Attend all sport months
- File a brief monthly report on how the class went (coaches, sport, equipment, park conditions, parent and kid reactions, etc)
- Notify coach or office of rain or park conditions.
- Help notify parents if needed for rain cancellation, park changes, etc. The office also handles this but sometimes a phone tree or personal email is helpful (optional).
- Help build the location with flyers and word of mouth.
- Watch for new parents at the park, greet them and introduce yourself so they can find you with questions.
- Check in with the lead coach each week to see if you are needed.
- Inform the lead coach of any issues that come up at the park with parents, safety concerns, etc. Also inform the main office if necessary, or put it in your monthly report if not immediately critical.
- Introduce yourself to the team coaches so they know who you are. Watch for new coaches and subs throughout the year.
- Help with walk-up registration, field setup, or anything else if needed.
- Be on call in case a coach is running late, exchange phone numbers, find out what is needed and tell the other parents.
- Be familiar with the website so you can help explain parents if needed.
- Take role or help with warmups if needed.
- Find a parent if a child is in need and can't be located.
- Remind parents to order the next sport early, and tell them how to find their certificates online if they want to print them out.
- We do not usually do snacks. Some families want it and some do not, many have allergies or food preferences. If snacks are desired by all or most parents you may help arrange that among the parents, but most will just bring their own.